International students - EUHT StPOL
Do you want more information?


International Students

Spain is the third country in the world with the highest number of foreign tourists, where Catalonia, and its capital Barcelona, are the main destination.

Admission process for national and resident students of the European Union


Admission Process for students coming from outside the European Union


Admission process for national and resident students of the European Union

If you are from a State member of the European Union (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, The Netherlands, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malt, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Rumania and Sweden) or Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland, you have the free circulation and residence right in Spain.

Anyhow, all the community citizens that reside in Spain for a period longer than 3 months have the obligation to request their registration in the Central Registry of Foreigners. This registration shall correspond to the issuance of a registry certificate and will include an identification foreigner number (NIE)

To arrive to the Police Station of Mataró take the Train bound for Barcelona and get off at the Mataró Station (25 minutes). In Mataró you can take Bus number 1 (in front of the train station) which has a bus stop close to the Police Station. (Opening Hours of the Police Station: from Monday to Friday from 9:00h to 14:00h.)

Documentation required:

  • Request Form Ex-18 (original and copy). Download here..
  • Original and photocopy of the Passport or identity card.
  • Acceptance letter as student of EUHT StPOL stating the duration and date of studies. You can request this letter to the Secretariat (Mª Dolors Serra) via email. Contactar por email.
  • European Health Card or private insurance card.


You are obliged to pay some taxes for this administrative process. The same day when you submit the documents in the Police Station, you will be informed about the payment method of the taxes to be paid. More information here.


Admission Process for students coming from outside the European Union

If you are a student from outside the European Union (UE), of the EEE (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland, in order to stay in Spain more than 90 days, you need to obtain the Student Residence Authorization, which will authorize you to stay in Spain all the time your studies last and also, you will be able to travel if you want to, inside the UE and the countries subscribers of agreements with Spain or the UE for free circulation of persons.

Processes to be followed for your study stay in H-E StPOL:


Prior arriving to Spain, you have to request the “Study Stay Visa” in the Consulates of Spain of your country of origin or legal residence.

You can consult the relevant Consulate in the web of the Ministry of Foreign Affaris spanish. Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores español.

To process the visa, you need to submit, among other documents, the accreditation of acceptance of a study program of H-E StPOL. This accreditation must be requested to the Secretariat (Mª Dolors Serra) via email. vía email.

The students’ visas granted to enter Spain are valid only for 90 days and before the end of this period (maximum 60 days before) you should have the “Foreigner Identification Card”, that will allow you to be in Spain for one more year.

Tríptico informativo – Ministerio de Trabajo e Inmigración, Gobierno de España


In the term of one month since the effective entry to Spain, you shall request the relevant student card.

You can go directly to the Police Station of Mataró from Monday to Friday from 9h to 14h to request the issuance of a card of authorization of stay for studies. See Map.Ver Mapa. To arrive, take the train bound for Barcelona and reach the Mataró Station. When reaching Mataró you can take the line 1 of the bus that drives you close to the Police Station, to take this bus you have to cross the street in front of the train station

Required documentation:

1. Census certificate (residence). If you are staying in the school residence, you can request the Directorate Secretariat (Mª Dolors Serra) via email a residence letter to submit in the City Council of Sant Pol de Mar and thus request the “census”. vía email

If you are not staying at the residence, you shall submit the rental contract of your apartment in the City Council of your residence place to process the census certificate.
After some days, the City Council will deliver you a certificate that has to be submitted to the Police Station to request the foreigner identification card together with the rest of the documentation.

2. Certificate (original and photocopy) of the Study Center stating the duration period of the studies and the payment evidence of the enrolment. Request it to Mª Dolors Serra.

3. Request duly completed. Model EX17.Descargatela aquí.

4. Valid Passport and photocopy.

5. Three color photographs, carnet size with white background.

6. Medical insurance with coverage in Spain.

For more information visit theMinsitry's web.


The card has a valid period of one year, renewable if the studies continue.

You can make the renewal process within a maximum previous period of two months and in any case, prior to the expiration date of the same..

For more information Click here.