Technical Degree in Gastronomy and Restaurant Service
Get two diplomas in three years. Become a professional in the kitchen and restaurant service!
If you have always dreamed of becoming a chef, maitre or sommelier and you are passionate about everything related to culinary arts and restaurants, this is your place. With the Technical Degree in Gastronomy and Restaurant Service you will learn by doing from minute 1 to become the professional you have always wanted to be.
The Technical Degree in Gastronomy and Restoraurant Service is a double-degree authorized by the Gorvernment of Catalonia. Here you will not have to choose: with three years of studies you will get a double diploma: kitchen and gastronomy and restaurant service.
This will allow you to be a versatile professional and master all aspects of a kitchen and a restaurant, two areas that are inseparable.
And if what you like is hands-on learning, you're in luck! With these studies you will learning by doing from the first day in a Hotel School open to the public. Get ready to immerse yourself in a professional kitchen and to serve the restaurant's customers!
With the Technical Degree in Gastronomy and Restaurant Service you will have many professional opportunities. It is one of the advantages of studying a double degree in gastronomy and restaurant service. Are you curious? Take note! These are some of the professions that you can develop once you finish your studies.
Culinary arts and Gastronomy
- Chef: You can be part of the kitchen team of a restaurant and become a chef. You can even start your own restaurant, and who knows, work together with the best chefs in the country.
- Chef de partie:Would you like to lead the cold food section, the meat section or the dessert area? With the Technical Degree in Gastronomy and Restaurant Service you will have the tools to be the chef de partie in a kitchen, just below the chef and the sous chef. And who says that tomorrow you can't reach the top?
- Pastry chef : The sweetest chef. As a pastry chef, you will have the responsibility of coordinating and supervising the elaboration of products related to pastry: bread, cakes, pastries and a long etcetera.
- Entrepreneur: If at the end of your studies you want to start your own kitchen, catering or restaurant business, go ahead! You will have acquired the necessary knowledge to start your own professional project.
- Maître: As a maitre, you will be the person in charge of everything that happens in the dining room of a restaurant. You will lead the restaurant team, coordinate it and ensure a good connection between kitchen and restaurant. Do you accept the challenge?
- Restaurant manager: You will not only supervise the correct operation of the restaurant and the kitchen, but you will also be in charge of orders, reservations, gastronomic offer and a long etcetera.
- Sommelier: The restaurant's greatest wine expert. In addition to advising diners on the best wine to pair with food, you will also be in charge of selecting the wines for the restaurant and ensuring that they are properly stored and preserved. Without forgetting the task of transferring your passion and knowledge about wines to the restaurant team and, of course, to the customers.
- Entrepreneur: Don't forget the possibility of setting up your own restaurant. Having your own professional project is a professional opportunity as much valuable as working for someone else. We give you the necessary knowledge and you decide what you want to be once you finish your studies.
The study plan of this program includes theoretical and practical classes and professional visits to restaurants, suppliers, wholesalers and research centers, among others. Everything to get a 360º vision of a restaurant and culinary arts business.
Cooking techniques, food preparation and preservation, culinary techniques, safety and hygiene in the handling of food, wine and its service or desserts in restaurants are some of the topics that you will deal with in the Technical Degree.
Do you know the best? A part from learning the theory, every day you will put into practice the knowledge acquired in front of real clients. This is what we call learning by doing.
To become a prestigious chef or one of the best maîtres, it is essential that you master the language of the gastronomy: French! It will be very useful to understand the origin of words and the slang that you will use in your day to day.
In addition, you can also add one more language to your CV: English. After three years of studies, you will enter the labor market with a minimum of two languages plus those that you decide to learn on your own.